Effective: January 1, 2006, Updated: January 1, 2021
What information we collect
When you use our Services, we gather personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several different types of personal information can be gathered when you use our Services, including, by way of example, your name, email address, physical address, phone number, and organizational affiliations. Our primary goal in collecting information from you is to provide you with the best experience possible while using our Services.
In general, we collect three types of information from you:
- information that you provide to us;
- information we collect or receive from others; and
- information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms and technology.
A. Information you provide
All information you provide to us while using our Services may be stored by us. You represent and warrant to us that you have the right and authority to provide us all information you provide about yourself or others. You may provide us with information in various ways, including, but not limited to:
- When registering
- We collect information from you, when, among other things, you register online through the Website, update your account, log-in, request support, and/or communicate with us. This information may include but is not limited to, your name, the name of your organizational affiliation, and contact information for both you and your organizational affiliation.
- Otherwise through the Website or by telephone, email, postal mail or chat
- You may choose to provide additional information on the Website through other Website features and offerings such as online communication platforms. In addition, you may choose to provide information by phone, email, postal mail, or chat. We collect and store all of the information you choose to provide us through these channels. We ask, however, that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
B. Information we collect or receive from others
- By primary contacts for your organizational affiliations
- A User that is a primary contact for an organization may create accounts for additional secondary contact Users affiliated with the organization, and in doing so may provide us with such secondary contact User’s personal information. As referenced above, any primary contact User that provides information to us regarding a secondary contact User must represent and warrant that they have the authority to do so.
- By our clients on your behalf
- A User that is an Administrator (as such term is used in the Terms of Service) may provide personal information including, by way of example, name, physical address, and phone number, to us for ticket holders and ticket distributors. As referenced above, any Administrator that provides information to us regarding a ticket holder or ticket distributor must represent and warrant that they have the authority to do so.
- By other sources
C. Information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms and technology
We may use automated tracking mechanisms to collect information from you and later use that information to make the Website more useful and interesting to you as well as for other purposes related to our Services.
Like many other similar websites and businesses, we use technology and automated data collection tools, as discussed below, to collect certain information from you.
- We use third-party analytics tools (currently Google Analytics) to collect and analyze anonymous statistical data. We are also able to deanonymize such data for Users that have accounts with us. This data helps us meet User needs, understand web traffic patterns and identify opportunities to improve the quality of the Website and our Services. Google Analytics uses a persistent cookie to store a unique, randomly assigned identifier for each User. The persistent cookie remains on Users’ computers for two years or until it is deleted. Additionally, Google Analytics uses session cookies to facilitate sending data to Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. For opt-out options specific to Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout” Please see below for more information on cookies.
- “Cookies” are small data files that are automatically stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used to track the pages of the websites you have visited and do not retain any personally identifiable information such as your name, address or any credit/debit card information. There are two types of Cookies: persistent and session (temporary cookies). Unlike persistent Cookies, session Cookies are deleted when you log off from a website and close your browser. You can easily erase cookies from your device yourself using your browser. You can also choose to disable cookies, or to receive a notification each time a new cookie is sent to your device.
- “Web Beacons” (also known as “tracking pixels”) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our emails for several purposes, including to monitor how many people visit our Website, for retargeting (advertising), and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a User’s computer hard drive, Web Beacons are embedded invisibly in emails.
Do Not Track Notices
How We Use Your Information
We use your information so we can meet our commitments and provide you with the service you expect and deserve. To this end, we need your information, among others, for the following purposes:
- To create your account, facilitate winner announcements on Administrator sites, and provide you with access for the operation of the Website and our Services;
- To be able to provide you with services that you requested;
- To notify you about new features of the Services, special events, special offers, or other information that we believe will be of interest to you via email, or other media or networks;
- To provide you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- To improve your user experience, tailor our interactions with you, provide support and improve and develop our Services;
- To verify information you provide us;
- To comply with legal requirements; and
- To conduct surveys and analyses aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Services and achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted by law.
We will only keep your information for as long as reasonably necessary to meet our commitments to you unless we are legally required to store your information longer. After this, we will delete your information.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement or development of services, for reasons of safety and security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do this on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, or with your consent.
Information That We Share With Third Parties
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may, however, share certain information with third parties.
- With Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers who work on our behalf. For example, these service providers may provide data management, customer data pooling or aggregating, feature administration, email distribution, market research and information analysis. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
- Compliance with Law and our Terms. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties, including national security or law enforcement agencies, 1) if required to do so by law; 2) if requested in response to a subpoena or court order; 3) if we believe in our sole and absolute discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other Users, third parties or the public at large; or 4) if we believe that you have abused the Services by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Others. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our policies, or to protect our Services or Users.
If you do not want us to share your personal data in these manners, please do not provide it to us.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. However, as you may already realize, no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. Nevertheless, we take reasonable security measures to protect your information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We strongly believe that the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Your Account Information
You can access your personal account to update your personal data. Please note, however, that you are responsible for maintaining the security of your username and password. Consequently, any actions taken while logged into your account will be your responsibility.
For personal information that we have about you:
- Delete information. You can ask us to erase or delete some or all of your personal information, and you understand that we might not be able to provide you some or all of the Services subject to the deletion of relevant information.
- Change or correct information. You can edit some of your personal information through your User account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix your information in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict, use of information. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to access your information. You can ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
If you have any of the above requests, please contact us through one of the options provided at the Contact us section of this page. We will respond in a reasonable time. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous or vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by applicable law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described in the How we use your information section.
Third-party sites and services
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites and services. Our Website may also use or offer services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these third parties.
We will do our best to respond to you in a timely and professional manner to answer your questions and resolve your concerns.